Participate in our Random Acts of Kindness (RAK) Challenge
1. Compliment everyone you talk to today.
2. Create and carry “thanks for making my day” cards that you can give to people.
3. Plant a tree.
4. Donate some clothes or toys that you don’t use anymore.
5. While you’re out, compliment a parent on how well-behaved their child is.
6. Pick up litter and throw it away.
7. Offer to return a shopping cart to the store for someone loading groceries in their car.
8. Tell your parents you love them and how much you appreciate everything they have done for you.
9. Donate blood
10. Tweet or Facebook message a genuine compliment to three people right now.
11. Give someone a book you think they’d like.
12. Buy a magazine and leave it somewhere (on the bus, at the doctor’s office, ECT.) for someone to enjoy
13. Send anonymous flowers to someone.
14. Offer someone a piece of gum. If they accept, offer them the whole pack.
15. Say “good morning” and “thank you” to public service workers (bus drivers, police officers, mail carriers, and firefighters).
16. Tape coins around a playground for kids to find.
17. Reconnect with an old friend.
18. Donate used books to a library.
19. Put stamps on blank postcards to give to strangers and encourage them to write to someone they love or miss.
20. Buy a small gift and hide it somewhere for someone to stumble upon.
21. Leave unused coupons next to corresponding products in the grocery store.
22. Put sticky notes with positive slogans on the mirrors in restrooms.
23. Write your partner, friend or family member a list of things you love about them.
24. Put quarters in gumball/toy machines at the store to surprise the next child to wander up to them.
25. Text someone just to say good morning, good night or ask them how their day is going.
26. Volunteer to do a chore that isn’t yours or clean up a mess you didn’t make.
27. Place a positive body image notes in jean pockets at a department store.
28. Send a gratitude email to a coworker, classmate or friend who deserves more recognition.
29. Smile at everyone you see today.
30. Write a positive comment on your favorite blog, website, or a friend’s social media account.
31. Buy a snack (or more!) at a vending machine and leave it there for someone to find.