LED Lightbulbs Compared to Compact Fluorescent (CFL) and Incandescent
Lighting accounts for 25% of energy usage in commercial buildings,
and 15% in residential buildings.
[LED LIGHT BULBS]
10% Energy Wasted As Heat the Lowest of Light Sources.
Low maintenance and/or replacement costs. On average, LEDs last 50,000 hours, while incandescent bulbs last 1,000 hours, and CFLs last 8,000 hours.
Reduces carbon footprint. 10 Incandescent bulbs are responsible for 1,500 pounds of carbon emissions per year. 10 CFLs = 350 pounds/year. 10 LEDs = 150 pounds/year.
Uses only 8-12 watts of electricity, compared to incandescent bulbs that use 60 watts, and CFLs that use 13-15 watts.
Reduces air-conditioning cooling costs. LEDs emit 3 BTUs/hour, while incandescent bulbs and CFLs emit 85 and 30 BTUs/hour respectively.
LIGHTING WITH THE ENVIRONMENT IN MIND
- Excellent color quality, distribution and light output
- Does not contain mercury—limits exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Warm or cool light
- Turns on instantly – Doesn’t waste energy warming up
- Resistance to breakage and vibrations
[CFL LIGHT BULBS]
80% Energy Wasted As Heat. More energy to keep your home or business cool, yielding a higher utility bill and higher carbon emissions.
Takes over a minute to reach full brightness, wasting time and electricity.
Affected by humidity and low temperatures, losing brightness quickly.
Toxic to environmental and human health, requiring special disposal.
[INCANDECENT LIGHT BULBS]
90% Energy Wasted As Heat. More energy to keep your home/business cool, yielding a higher utility bill and higher carbon emissions.
High replacement costs, especially for commercial buildings. Residential and commercial buildings could replace over 25 incandescent light bulbs for every 1 LED bulb.
^Source of 100w Lumen Comparison: GE
All Titles, Content, Publisher Names, Trademarks, Artwork, and Associated Imagery are Trademarks and/or Copyright Material of their Respective Owners. All Rights Reserved.
- President Donald Trump’s Epic Fail on Paris
- 10 Ways to Lower Your Monthly Bills and Save More
- Quick tips to lower your energy bills
- Hemp Could Free Us From Oil, Prevent Deforestation, Cure Cancer and It’s Environmentally Friendly – So Why Is It Illegal?
- Plant a rain garden to make better use of rain water
- How a data center can save $90,000 a year
Latest posts by Anthony Commarata (see all)
- 10 Ways to Lower Your Monthly Bills and Save More - Tuesday, July 18, 2017
- Quick tips to lower your energy bills - Sunday, July 9, 2017
- Hemp Could Free Us From Oil, Prevent Deforestation, Cure Cancer and It’s Environmentally Friendly – So Why Is It Illegal? - Sunday, November 6, 2016
- 2015 Gold King Mine waste water spill (before & after) - Thursday, April 21, 2016
- Plant a rain garden to make better use of rain water - Sunday, May 24, 2015